11 November 2008

Weight Loss is Serious

I have been talking about weight loss to a lot of people, both in my family and at work. I find that people don’t really take me seriously, and this frustrates me to a degree. I think most people think that only women worry about weight loss because women tend to care about how sexy they look. Losing weight then is all about vanity and making sure you are capable of getting a husband. When I tell other people that I am trying to lose weight, I think they laugh at me because they think that I am doing something that they perceive is feminine. I look at the issue differently.

Being fat is the most common way people get type 2 diabetes. This is no laughing matter. This is serious. This is survival. This is life and death. Yesterday my dad was taunting me, showing me Cherry Ripe and Picnic chocolate bars, holding them up to me with a huge grin in his face. This makes me angry because essentially what he is doing is offering me poison. He is like a drug dealer.

No comments: