22 July 2007

If I am Christian, What do I do if My Parents Want me to be Gay?

I am straight. Suppose my parents want me to be gay. I have two choices. I can either (1) obey them and be gay or (2) disobey them and not be gay.

If I go with the first option and be gay, I am going against God because I am gay.

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

However, if I go with option two, disobey my parents, and be straight, then I also go against God because I disobey my parents.

Exodus 20:12, "Honour thy father and thy mother."

Ephesians 6:1-3, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother."

So in this situation, no matter what, it seems as if I am a sinner. What do I do?

This question has been exported to Yahoo Answers.

No comments: