27 August 2016

Chiang Mai as a Safety Net

It is important to save up enough money so that you are not a slave to your manager at work. If things are not going well at work, you can always take your FU money and go live in the country where you can work on working online.

I've never tested this out in practice, so I don't know if it will work or not. That being said, going out into the country is just one option in my head. Another option is going to Chiang Mai where US$1000 per month allows you to live like a king.

There are plenty of "digital nomads" in Chiang Mai who earn Western wages and also live luxurious lifestyles (pools, maids, etc) on less than $1000 per month, allowing them to save and invest heavily, which is completely different to the hand-to-mouth paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle that is common in America, especially with marriage, mortgage and children heavily promoted.

Anyway, this is all in my head. I am still a worker bee at the moment trying to save up as much FU money as possible and trying not to conform to the marriage, mortgage, and children lifestyle that would destroy my savings and make me a wage slave for the rest of my life.

No comments: