26 April 2016

Veganism is Easy

Many people say they cannot go vegan because it's too hard, but my experience has been the opposite. I actually find it is easy to be vegan, and it is easier than being an omnivore.

Going on a vegan diet doesn't require you to actually do anything. However, what it requires you to do is to not do something. For example, if someone serves you chicken, you don't eat it. Whereas previously you did something, now as a vegan you are not doing something.

The vegan diet is about not eating meat, not eating dairy, and not eating eggs.

What you do need to do, however, is learn how to say no.

I have always been a nice person. In fact, I am too nice. I am the type of person who has trouble saying no and would often try to please people too much, and over time I learned this was not healthy. Being nice is great, but if you're too nice, people take advantage and walk all over you.

Going on a vegan diet, it turns out, had helped me practice how to say no. When I stood up and defended what I ate, people seemed to take note that I didn't just accept whatever they put upon me, and over time they took advantage of me less.

So if you're too nice, if you're a people pleaser, then give the vegan diet a go. Not only will it help you practice being assertive, it will also help the environment and spare animals from torture and slaughter.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love this

organicliv said...

It really is a breeze. Keep it up! 😊

Thalia said...

Exactly the same happened to me, after turning vegan I feel like I'm actually able to say no to people now and I feel great about it.. Not bad at all