16 April 2016

The Flattering Bathroom Mirror Phenomenon

Whenever I look at myself in the mirror after having a shower, I like how I look. Perhaps I look clean after a shower. Perhaps the lighting is good in the bathroom. However, I do know that most other mirrors or reflections I see throughout the day seem to make me look much worse, so my self-esteem really fluctuates. This is especially true when I am looking at a reflection of myself in, say, a dirty pond.

Whenever I see a nice young girl, I always think that maybe she is interested in me. Many times they tend to look at me or try to get close to me, but maybe I am just deluded because I'm overconfident because of the bathroom mirror. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

It's happened so often in my life. Today there was a girl with braces on the train who seemed to try to stand next to me.


No comments: