28 December 2011

The Benefits of Putting Everything on the Internet

My desktop computer is ruined. It started to play up a few days ago but now it doesn’t even boot up. Whenever I turn it on it just has a black screen. Luckily I was able to backup everything while it was playing up, and most of my important files are either on my external hard drive or on the internet. I think at the end of the day it is much better to have stuff on the internet because then you don’t have to worry about your computer stuffing up and having your files lost. It is always possible for e.g. Google or Facebook to fail one day and all your files stored with these companies will be lost, but I would imagine that the likelihood of Google or Facebook failing is much lower than the likelihood of my own desktop computer failing. I can rely on my desktop computer failing every few years, based on history. Furthermore, if there are really important files that you want to preserve, simply make copies of it and upload it to multiple websites. Even though my desktop computer is stuffed, I am able to write this because I am using my laptop.

No comments: