25 October 2008

The Genki 18kg Flywheel Fitness Gym Exercise Bike

I used to have an elliptical trainer than I used for exercise. It served me well but there were a few problems with it. Firstly, the elliptical trainer only let me stand. When I am exercising for a long period of time, I have to stand up for a long period of time, which meant that my ankles got sore. After some weeks of intense usage, I broke the machine beyond repair.

So I purchased the Genki 18kg Flywheel Fitness Gym Exercise Bike from Crazy Sales. I was pleased because the bike only cost me about $250 including delivery. The bike was delivered very quickly (about 3 days). The package is 48 kilograms, so be careful because it is incredibly heavy.

My parents set up the bike for me. I think this exercise bike is great, but I have noticed some problems. The first problem is that the pedals have sharp metal spikes on them, which means that you really cannot use the bike barefoot. This is a minor problem because I can easily put on some shoes.

The major problem with this bike is the seat, which is small and hard. I only had to be on the bike for 10 minutes before my bum got sore. It is absolutely intolerable! I am going to have to look for a bicycle seat that I can use to replace the seat given.

I have been looking at Ergo the Seat and what they say really is scary. They claim that bad bike seats can constrict nerves and cause impotence! What a way to make people buy your product.

Update: I have solved the problem. I was thinking of buying a new recumbant bicycle but didn't want to spend another $200 on it. Instead, I will just put a normal chair directly behind my exercise bike, sit on this chair, and then pedal like normal. For more comfort I can put a pillow on the chair. In other words, I use the upright bike as if it were a recumbent bicycle.

4 comments:

Satria Sudeki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fitness equipment repair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Best Recumbent Bike said...

I’m trampled by your contents carry on the wonderful work.