17 March 2007

Installing Armour on a Landcruiser

I drove a Ford Fiesta and my friend Joe drove a VT Commodore. When Joe saw my car he laughed and told me that a small car is stupid. I told him that it was much cheaper to buy than his car and it achieves much better fuel efficiency. But then he told me, "What if a 4WD rams into you? You'll be dead! Ahahaha!" I told him that a 4WD ramming into his Commodore would likely injure him rather than the 4WD driver but he told me that he was more likely to survive in his Commodore than my Ford Fiesta. Even though he admitted that my Ford Fiesta is cheaper to buy and run that his Commodore he said, "You can't put a price on your life."

Joe and I went to a bar once and we were talking to some females. I offered to drive one female back to her my house and when she saw my Ford Fiesta she didn't seem interested in me anymore. I spoke to Joe about this incident and he told me that females need to feel protected and my driving a Ford Fiesta does not signal to the female my ability to protect her and so by instinct she is repelled. Joe told me that with his Commodore he get lots of attention from the females.

Feeling depressed about my situation, I traded in my Ford Fiesta with the intention of getting a Commodore. But at the dealer I decided to do one better and got myself a Toyota Landcruiser with all the options including bullbar and side-curtain airbags. When I showed Joe he was speechless. He tried to put me down by saying how much the car costed me not only in purchase price but also fuel efficiency, but I reminded him about what he said earlier: "You can't put a price on your life." It felt good to knock Joe, telling him that if he and I were to smash into each other I could destroy him. I have also been having more luck with the females. Not only is the Landcruiser a big and safe vehicle but I drive it sensibly and it is black and has tinted windows. It looks really good.

However, a few days ago Joe traded in his Commodore for a Nissan Patrol. It's about equal in size to my Landcruiser. This is a bummer because now he and I are equal and I need to know how I can increase my probability of survival. There seems to be more and more large 4WDs on the roads nowadays and this worried me because as more and more people drive 4WDs then my probability of survival decreases. I need to invest money into ways to give me an advantage over the other 4WDs. As Joe said, "You can't put a price on your life." I am thinking of fitting armour onto my Landcruiser to make it tougher. The armour will be attached on the inside so you cannot see it. Do you know anyone who installs these kinds of armour? If not armour then what else can I do to make me safer? They say 4WDs like Lancruisers, Pajero, Patrol, and Land Rover are at the top of the pecking order but what about vehicles like the Hummer? I need ideas here.

No comments: