31 December 2006

Should I Become a Religious Minister Just For the Money?

I am not religious. Since I love to read, I tend to display high knowledge in my conversations. At church last Sunday I was speaking to the religious minister. We were talking about the meaning of Christmas and I was quoting scripture and telling him about the origins of Christmas. The religious minister assumed that I was Christian and because he thought I was very knowledgeable he offered me a job at the church. He told me I would only have to work on Sundays so this job won't interfere with my normal job. But I am not Christian. Therefore, if I get up and speak about the greatness of God I would not be honest with myself. I spoke with my dad and he said I should go for it because my lying to other adults, he said, was like how parents lie to their children about Santa Clause. Everyone lies.

Should I do it? It may not be honest but maybe it's good lying? Parents lie to their children about Santa, and this makes the world a happier place, so in the same way maybe if I lie to others about religion, my lies will make others feel better as well.

No comments: