21 October 2018

Grill'd Vegan Cheeseburger 2.0

I went to Grill'd today with a friend. I remember having a vegan cheeseburger at Grill'd previously, and it didn’t fill me up, so this time I had two vegan cheeseburgers. Grill'd has changed their vegan burgers (hence the 2.0).

The vegan patties they use in the 2.0 version burger is actually quite nice. I had two vegan burgers because I wanted to avoid the chips because I did’t know if they’re vegan.

When ordering the vegan cheeseburger, you will be asked what type of bun you want. Make sure you get the traditional, panini or gluten free bun because these are vegan. (The low-carb bun contains egg.) I also had a Pepsi Max, which is definitely vegan. 

Grill'd also have a vegetarian burger called Hemp Therapea. However, this contains tzatziki, which contains dairy and so is not vegan. According to the review below, removing the tzatziki makes the burger taste quite bad. Furthermore, when I order at restaurants, I don't like to change too much because it's too much hassle.



All in all, I am quite impressed with the Vegan Cheeseburger 2.0 and would definitely order more. I checked the ingredients used in the burger, and it is primarily pea protein, which is the same protein used in the Beyond Meat burger patties. As such, the Vegan Cheeseburger 2.0 is not only meat, dairy, and egg free but also soy free as well. Each vegan cheeseburger with traditional bun contains 30 grams of protein, so having two burgers gave me 60 grams of protein. The recommended minimum amount of protein to aim for each day is 50 grams.

No comments: