1. Tell no one. If other people know about it, they will be greedy.
2. To prevent the money being spent all at once, divide the money over time with an annuity or invest it and live off the passive income. Don't increase spending or live extravagantly or more than passive income.
3. Don't get into debt.
4. Don't help others too much. Don't bankroll friends and families' crazy business ideas. Say no to anyone who wants a handout or a loan. You need to help yourself first before you give it all to others. No one is to know of your wealth anyway (see rule 1).
5. Don't divorce. If you are single, don't get married.
6. Don't do drugs e.g. cocaine.
7. Don't gamble.
8. Be careful of being sued. Frivolous lawsuits are common. Protect your assets in retirement accounts or family trusts. Talk to a lawyer or accountant.