01 September 2013

Bored of the Monotony of Life

The typical day for me involves waking up, snoozing the alarm a few times to steal a few more minutes of sleep, having a shower, getting dressed, eating breakfast, driving to the train station, squashing into the train with hundreds of other commuters, and getting to work where I go through my to do list, ticking off one piece of work after another. I drink plenty of coffee to have an excuse to get fresh air. The coffee warms my body and compensates for coldness. I always eat out for lunch. It costs a lot but I cannot stand smelly food rotting in my bag. I don't even have a bag because I like to travel light. In the afternoon I'm usually tired and I eagerly wait for the day to end. I yawn a lot. I get the feeling I might get fired soon. I am normally paranoid. In a way, I don't really mind if I get fired. I have saved enough money to live off my investments in a developing country like Thailand or Cambodia. I'm just going through the motions, doing what I can do to make it through each day. Even though I am a bit tired of my job, I feel like my options are limited. I've lost ambition, but I try to maintain it because my manager and coworkers often criticize me for my lack of enthusiasm and passion.

When work is over, I catch the train back home, have a shower, eat dinner, and then sit in bed to work and/or play on my tablet before sleeping and repeating the whole routine every weekday. On some weekdays I have dinner with friends, but hanging out with friends is a bit of a chore for me. It's not that I don't value companionship it's that I just get tired of being around people and sometimes I want to hide in a hole.

No comments: