09 June 2012

My love of chess

I have been a chess player ever since I was a little boy. I learned to play chess against an old computer program and when I started to join chess clubs in primary school and high school I quickly found that I was okay at it. I became obsessed with chess and eventually became the chess captain at my high school. When I left high school and went to university, I also continued to play chess at the university's chess club, but found that my passion for the game waned considerably, probably because the players at the Melbourne University Chess Club were really good, and I was tired of constantly being beaten. After university I started work and continued to shun the chess world, only playing every now and then. After I received my first smartphone, the HTC Desire HD, I installed chess apps on my phone and found my passion in chess reignited!

For those interested, my favourite chess apps on Android phones are Chess Free and Chesspresso Free. Chesspresso allows you to play chess against people from all around the world, giving each player normally two days for each move. Chess Free, on the other hand, is what I use when I want to play a quick game of chess against the computer.

No comments: