12 June 2016

ANZ Apple Pay

At work, I hear many people talking about Apple Pay and how great it is, but I have researched it and don't see what the big deal is. I use a 2013 Nexus 5, so a three year old is quite old in the smartphone world. I may upgrade, but I feel that my current phone is adequate. The phone already has the Commonwealth Bank app, which allows you to use PayPass with your phone. The problem with this is that, in order to use PayPass on your phone, you need to first log into your phone and then enter a PIN in the app. It's far easier to use your credit card. An advantage of using your credit card is that you can hand the card to the person taking your order and have him do all the work of tapping the card and processing the payment. The only thing you need to do is say, "PayPass, please." (I sometimes use PayWave as well since I also have a Visa debit card.) Asking for Apple Pay, and then handing a giant phone to someone, just doesn't seem right. I know that handing over your credit card to someone is not the best in terms of security, but it's fairly easy to monitor how much money is coming out from your account using your phone (the Commonwealth Bank app has a widget that updates how much money is on your account on your home screen), so if you monitor your balance all the time and everything looks regular, there's no reason to not trust them.

I also admit that I have a bias against Apple products, and the people who always tell me to use iPhones and Apple products don't seem to be able to articulate a good reason for it other than blind faith that the product is good because of how great Apple products are.

No comments: